Subproject: Queen

Here is the last piece of the series: The Queen. Done the same method as all of the other cylindrical pieces with some detailing of the crown. Here is my initial blender mock up:


Once completed in the lathe I need to do some detailing on the crown. For this I used my Bridgeport milling machine with the head set at 23 degrees and a 5/16 2 flute end mill. I made a slight imprint every 45 degrees by hand. I would have liked to use my dividing head, but that isn't ready for use yet.




I liked how it turned out.


Comments

Add new comment

Filtered HTML

  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Allowed HTML tags: <a> <em> <strong> <cite> <blockquote> <code> <ul> <ol> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd>
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Image CAPTCHA
Enter the characters shown in the image.
secret-login